Public Speaking - Summary (Part 3/3)

Today is the final day in the mini-series and I want to talk about the whole notion of delivering a speech and the anxiety that comes with it. As I have said before, it's not an easy thing for most people to deliver a speech to both a small or large crowd, but I think it's the fear and the way we handle our anxiety that help us deliver a successful speech. As you know by reading part 2, I had to deliver a speech to a group just the other day and while I was quite nervous, once I got up on stage and actually began talking - I realized that I was in total control, the anxiety and stress and fear that was building up each second that was closer to my going up on stage was no longer bugging me.

Looking back, I actually think the hardest part was walking up onto the stage, the rest of it just sort of fell into place. You can't completely erase your fears from the equation when giving a speech, there is always some form of stress or fear going on inside but it's how you manage it and being able to turn your fear into your ally is a definite advantage in giving a successful delivery.

I just wanted to thank you for reading all three parts of the series and feel free to leave any comments.

Part 3/3 - Public Speaking Mini-Series

Written by Christopher Newman

4 comments:

Charles - Big Idea Blogger June 15, 2009 at 6:09 PM  

Hi Chris, it's a great Public Speaking series you have put up here. I believe you'll get more viewers if you move to a self-hosted Wordpress blog because in my opinion, blogspot hosted blogs has lower perceived value.

Christopher Newman June 15, 2009 at 7:03 PM  

Hi Charles,

Thanks :) I am currently looking into getting my own domain name for the blog. Thanks for the advice ^_^

Karl Perera June 26, 2009 at 5:36 PM  

Be great to hear about your new blog Chris. Perhaps you could expand on this idea of mini-courses and even compile them into some kind of structured course cntaining even more helpful info?

Good work!

Christopher Newman June 26, 2009 at 11:15 PM  

Thanks Karl, will take note of that for future work ^_^

Post a Comment

Search

Author

My photo
Self help and development enthusiast. My name is Chris and I live in Queensland, Australia. Hope I can help you out! :D

Newsletter Signup!

Click to signup! You may need to enable pop ups on this site for the form to work properly.

Self Development Store

If you would like to browse and purchase any resources you can now do so from our store, available below or in the menu bar on each page. The store is in collaboration with Amazon so your saving on products and still getting great service!

Self Development Store

Support Us

If you really enjoyed an article on this blog, please keep us online!

Follow Us

Members