Are you happy with your life?

Today I want to talk about something a lot of people are going through. I have had this issue in my family as of recently and I thought that I would talk about it a little if not to help myself make sense of it but also to help others that may be going through the same thing. My question to you today is, are you happy with your life??? Are you happy with your job? Your school? If not, why not? Having recently asked myself the very same question I came up with a list of answers that pointed more towards the 'make a change' direction. So I sat down to a long and hard brainstorming session about what I could do to improve my life, make myself feel happier or even identify what it was that was making me unhappy.

When I thought about it careful I realized it was my school situation, the courses I was taking were no longer of interest to me and would not benefit me in the coming years for my career choice. When I had sorted it out, I could not sit by and let it eat away at me each and every day. I thought, what do I really want out of life? More money? No... More friends? Got plenty but more is always good... When I thought long and hard about this I came to the conclusion that what I wanted was not to have to get up at 6am and catch a bus but to be able to support myself, study what interested me and help others.

I have since then volunteered at my local church where I will be assisting them with production and youth programs helping kids in schools for the rest of this year which I will then resume my studies in a better series of courses next year. I have also decided to open my own podcast/membership site in the meantime which should support me while I do the volunteer work. I feel like I have this sort of calling to help others and by volunteering I may not get paid in cash but the feeling you get from the smiles on the kids faces is definitely rewarding enough.

2 comments:

Loomis September 30, 2010 at 3:45 PM  

Keep up the great work! This blog is great, and consistency will make it big before you know it :)

Success Demands Action: A Self Improvement Blog

Buy domain name November 4, 2011 at 8:42 PM  

In my point of view, childhood life is more happiest life. Now we can't say, we are happy because we are facing many problems and tension.

Post a Comment

Search

Author

My photo
Self help and development enthusiast. My name is Chris and I live in Queensland, Australia. Hope I can help you out! :D

Newsletter Signup!

Click to signup! You may need to enable pop ups on this site for the form to work properly.

Self Development Store

If you would like to browse and purchase any resources you can now do so from our store, available below or in the menu bar on each page. The store is in collaboration with Amazon so your saving on products and still getting great service!

Self Development Store

Support Us

If you really enjoyed an article on this blog, please keep us online!

Follow Us

Members